This mission is about 15 miles north of the Mexican border. Construction of this mission started around 1800 and took about 30 years to build this church due to poverty and Mexican and Apache attacks. Shortly after it was built, it was abandoned by the church. It was used after that by civilians and soldiers for housing. It is now a National Historic Park.